The last day in Santorini


Well, Jen and I spent our last day lounging on a catamaran. We went to three different beaches and watched the sunset on the boat. There was a red, black and white beach. The water was so beautiful and clear. When we were swimming around we could see all of the fish underneath our feet. Pretty neat. We also did a little sun tanning while we were on the boat. Would y’all believe me if I told you I had a little tan? Well, I do. That night we had dinner on the boat. They made meatballs, grilled shrimp, greek salad, eggplant dip, taziki, chicken and corn. I’m tellin’ ya, it was a feast.


Captain/Chef? what a catch.

After we ate dinner, it was time to watch the sunset and head back in. This time I didn’t have to deal with tour groups shoving me around. Let me just say it was perfect! When Jen and I got back to Fira we hit the Greek 24 hour bakery. I don’t know if I have mentioned this but majority of the stores stay open until midnight or 11 o’clock during the season. The goal is to get as much revenue as possible. So once we went to the bakery and picked up a few things we walked back to the hotel. Santorini is very safe. I never once felt like I was going to get pick-pocketed while I was there.


How Jen sunbathes

Jen and I caught an early morning flight and witnessed the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen. I think I may be a sunrise type of girl, or maybe just a Santorini sunrise/sunset person. Once we arrived in Rome, we got on the train to go back to the train station. We decided to grab lunch because we hadn’t eaten yet and it was about 1:30 at the time. Hangry was an understatement.


You remember how I said Jen and I had become train masters? Well, I’m about to eat my words. We planned on the 1:50 train so at about 1:45 we were scrambling to get our tickets. All of a sudden its 1:50 and we are sprinting for the train, trying to get to our car, and the train starts to leave. Do you know 1) how embarrassing it is to run past people waiting for the next train and 2) running towards a train that you can’t even catch. Well, that was rough. So we had to go to the help desk and get on the next train. I could tell the guy wanted to laugh at us. I’m sure he saw my excellent running skills.


We finally made it back to Florence and decided to grab dinner at Aqua al 2. This whole week is a YOLO week for Jen and I. So we got the pasta sampler and then we tried the strawberry risotto. Y’all, WOAH. It was so delicious. I’m still thinking about it. Then we had our blueberry and balsamic filets. I’m really going to miss that place.


Anyways, if you haven’t noticed I’ve been a little slow on my blog posts. Partially because I don’t want the experience to end and actually that may be the entire reason. A friend of mine told me that I have to eat at least two croissants a day plus gelato whenever I can before I get home. So, I’ve been busy I guess you could say.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s